CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Growing up?

As of recently a lot has happened. Most of it dealing with my personal life. But I need to ask the question. How do you really grow up? I understand that it comes with knowledge, learning from your actions and so forth. But how can you progress when your in limbo? I'm stuck between houses, I have to wait to go to school and I'm trying to apply for full time at my job that I might have to transfer from anyway. So the only thing I've been doing is sitting at home playing video games, I realize that it is an excessive amount but what is there to do when your broke and conserving gas. I don't understand how I'm suppose to grow when I'm in a community that I might not even stay in. It's confusing. I feel a drive but to do nothing. I feel like there is nothing to do. I'd pick up running but its starting to get into the colder season. I guess I just need your input. I feel like I'm losing everything, and I don't know how to hold on to my quickly changing life.

4 comments:

Connie Babe said...

where do you want to be in five years? realistically. if you do a mission, you'll not have a mission completed and a bachelors degree...for example...not that you have to do those things...

picture what you want. then head that direction.

that being said, sounds like you are in a transition. by definition, transitions are hell. sometimes just a small hell, sometimes a huge one, sometimes a frustrating one.

do what you can. stand up for what you believe. be true to yourself. get back on the ball as soon as you can. and above all, remember to give yourself a break. if you're doing the best you can, then you're doing the best you can. our best varies.

and, most important, remember that there are those of us out here who think the world of you. you are a smart and talented young man. you'll do fine.

(and if nothing else, call a temple, ask them to put your name on the prayer roll, they will be happy to do that for you)

brittany michelle said...

I agree with my mom, and I would like to add something.

You feel a drive, but you don't know what it's for.

Oh man that feeling sucks. But it just means that you'll be able to really jump into whatever comes next for you. It means you are ready for the change, so overall I think it's a good thing. I mean, I think it would be worse if you weren't ready for the change, you know? So as much as it sucks to be in limbo, it's great that you're ready for what's next.

Amy Miller said...

Auz, life is all about enjoying the journey. Every stage you're in could be considered 'limbo', but you can't live your life from event to event. The grass is never greener and you have to realize that you can be happy in any situation.

That said, my advice is to put down the remote and pick up a book. Learn about something that interests you. Try a non-fiction, that will help prep you for school. And for heaven sakes - GO RUNNING!! Running helped me through the most difficult time in my life. It gave me a chance to get lost in my thoughts and discover who I really wanted to be and what direction my life needed to go. It's okay that it's getting cold, you can wear warm clothes and go on the 3-4 nicest days of the week. The endorphins help pull you out of a rut too - double bonus.

I'm excited for your future - I know that you'll find your way. Stick close to the Lord Auz. He knows your frustrations and can help you become the best version of yourself. Whenever life seems hard remember that you can turn your burdens over to the Lord. He will take them from you if you have faith and I know you do. I love you Bro!!

Josh said...

Holy Crap, uber comments. Feelings are feelings, sometimes true, sometimes false. Sometimes we convince ourselves that things are worse than they are. Sometimes we over think and analyze things, when we should actually be acting. Life is tough, most of the time where we want to be, isn't where we're at anyway, so it's not a lot of use complaining about where we are in comparison to where we're going.

meh, rambling, I'm always up for a chat if you're in need of one.